Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"ALL MY PICTURES SEEMED TO FADE TO BLACK AND WHITE"


*"DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON ME" 
My experience yesterday of the concept of experience was quite the experience. Vague, I know. 

Unique. Experience. 

Suddenly I found music painting an emotion for me. Like an impressionist artist at work forging nature, emotion, color, art and life all together as the brush strokes of art fall on the canvas. I tried the best I could to explain, but since we're each created differently, I can only tell you about my experience. I hope you'll understand. 

Walking {gingerly} back for chiropractic therapy today I noticed something {besides my back!} A painting. I must have passed down that hall for treatment dozens of times over, ah, years now!  

Anyway, the painting is a symbolic human spine floating horizontally. At first glimpse, out of the corner of my eye, all I could think of was a spiraling piano keyboard. Vertebrae replacing keys. Two hands hovering barely above the 'spine' ready to strike. It sung to me. I don't remember ever seeing the painting before, and I don't know why, but hey, I'm studying experience! And it was one!

Let me explain: other concepts proceed the Experience concept both in life and in the Davis program. I've had quite some time to think about this (both in life and in Davis programming!). But yesterday something changed. Music came into this process.

And Harmony.

Yes. Harmony. This post was supposed to be about something other than harmony. There were other things that were first on my mind to write about but suddenly it doesn't matter. Harmony seems to say it all.

Over the past few weeks the word harmony has played out in many conversations about working with both dyslexia and autism. It means a better focus. No more darkness.  Instead of trying to explain I'll leave you with these words:

*I can't light no more of your darkness
All my pictures seem to fade to black and white
I'm growing tired and time stands still before me
Frozen here on the ladder of my life.
 
Too late to save myself from falling
I took a chance and changed your way of life
But you misread my meaning when I met you
Closed the door and left me blinded by the light
 
Don't let the sun go down on me
Although I search myself, its always someone else I see
I'd just allow a fragment of your life to wander free ...
         But see me once and see the way I feel...
But loosing everything is like the sun going down on me...

I can't begin to tell you how those words describe so many parts of my life. But as I'm working with the concepts of the Davis Identity program I've found a new light; a new harmony in life. There's more now than pictures fading into black and white. 


*Music by Elton John Words by Bernie Taupin
© 1974 Big Pig Music Limited

No comments: